16 Mar COVID-19 Update from Pastor Ken
Dear Crosspoint Family,
Speaking on behalf of the elders and church staff, I wanted to take a moment to communicate our heart to you as well as some information regarding our church-wide proceedings for this week and the weeks to come.
In this short video, I have shared some encouragement and exhortation from the Scriptures along with the following information:
- We will not have a corporate gathering this Sunday, but we will provide a public livestream of the worship service at 10 am. The livestream will be recorded and will be available immediately following the broadcast on our Vimeo channel and will also be available via our website in sermon media archives. More information regarding accessing the livestream will be sent out soon.
- We are not gathering for Small Groups in person until we are in a better and safer position to reconvene. Recognizing the necessity of continuing on in fellowship with one another, we are thinking through creative ways via technology in which we can still maintain community, Bible study, group care, etc. We will be sending out more information and resources regarding this soon, and we will notify you as soon as we feel it is safe to reconvene meeting in person.
Further, I encourage you to take time this week and consider Matthew 6:25-34 both personally and with family and friends. As you reflect on the passage, ask yourself and discuss with others these three questions:
- What does this say about God?
- What does this say about us in relationship to God?
- How can you encourage someone else with the truth of this passage?
In closing, I leave you with this benediction from 2 Corinthians 1:3-4:
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”
Trusting in the God of Mercies,